Thursday, June 11, 2009

For the Birds



We visited Alderbrook Farm yesterday to pick up some veggies for dinner and take a walk around to visit all of the animals. The Peacock was was showing off his plumage for his Peahen, but of coarse my camera was at home. What a majestic bird, I see him display every year but still want to stare at him for an hour.....the kids of course don't. They are more interested in watching the sheep poop and visiting the chicken coop. No rhyming intentions there, sorry.

I spied this bird house and just had to have it. Not only do I love bird houses and anything with copper, but I have many fond memories of my childhood in the mid-west, especially of a vacation to beautiful Lake Michigan. Triple score, had to have it, now I must decide where to put it so I can admire it from afar.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Love it! Great idea...maybe I will raid my parents garage for some old MN plates next time I visit!