Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The growing station is doing well.  The micro-greens have fed the bunny and found themselves on my eggs in the morning.  Aren't they just gorgeous?!?  Tonight I may even put together a micro-salad with dinner.  And speaking of salad, the lettuce mix is coming along nicely as well, a couple more weeks and it should be ready to harvest.  My sample seeds to grow and review arrived yesterday from Renee's Garden:


I am looking forward to growing these out and keeping track of their progress here on the blog.  I am most excited about the Tronchuda Beira Kale (a blog article here on using this kale for some authentic portuguese soup, and Cat Treats Gourmet Mixed Greens.  Our cat has shown some improvement over the last few days and we really hope he pulls through and gets to sample these treats!!  (I know a bunny and three dogs that will also be partaking in the treat sampling.)


HAPPY GARDENING!

4 comments:

Sue said...

That is the GREENEST green I've ever seen. Looks good on a dreary dreary (did I mention DREARY?) and cold January day.

Erin said...

That photo of the micro greens is gorgeous!!

Prairie Cat said...

What an awesome photo!

Kelly said...

Thanks Prairie Cat.