Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Good Stuff

I guess I will start by sharing a new zucchini recipe I tried this week, it was wonderful and a nice deviation from the normal 'zucchini bread' fare. The recipe is for a savory zucchini-basil muffins, I made mini's and they disappeared very quickly. The recipe can be found here at Synergy Farms, they did a three zucchini bread recipe taste test, and this was the favorite, give it a try!

Next in line, today's CSA share. I am happy with the contents this week, but once again the condition of the produce was not good. Today's 1/2 share included the following:

  • 2 pieces summer squash
  • 2 cukes
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 2 apples
  • 3 ears corn
  • 1 lb. potatoes
  • 1/2 lb. onions
  • kale
The cold nights and mediocre days are doing a number on the garden.....the vegetables have not increased in size at all this week, and that is a bit worrisome. I have so many peppers and eggplants out on the vine, I would hate to lose them all to cold temps. Luckily a few things are still producing and don't seem to mind the evening's temperatures, here they are pictured below:

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Hi Kelly, I got the seeds today! Thank you so much! I'm really excited about my mystery seeds. Maybe we can do this again this upcoming spring. I will definitely have loads of seeds to share.

P.S. I emailed you the growing instructions!

Thanks again!