Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Meet George


Don't you just want to belly up to the bar with him and have a Guiness?  He is mighty swell.  I met George at the local farm yesterday, at first I thought he was the Planter's Peanut.  He says he gets that alot.  After much consideration I decided to bring him home and see if he would sprout, he seems so good natured and all doesn't he?

(A note on George:  George is likely a local, though an immigration status is a possibility.....will this influence his ability to sprout?)

5 comments:

Erin said...

LOL, when I saw the headline I thought "oooh, maybe it's a new neurotic Border Collie or the kids' new "pet rat" !!! Haha, good luck with George, he looks like he may sprout soon - how could he not with that grin on his face?!

Thomas said...

I've been meaning to do this myself but that it was a bit late to grow my own slips....hhhmmm...I'll have to drop by the grocery store too.

Kelly said...

It is most likely late Thomas, but I think this is a locally grown sweet so I thought I would give it a whirl. People seem to have mixed results with sprouting.

Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

Is George eventually going to grow more potatoes for you?

Kelly said...

I sure hope so Michelle.