Friday, May 22, 2009

How to remove a tick

I just received this in an e-mail and thought I should post it here for safe keeping in case it actually works. I know eventually I will need to give it a try before the winter freeze kills off the little buggers.

TICK REMOVAL>>>> Spring is here and the ticks will be showing their heads.>>>> Here is a good way to get them off you, your children,or your pets. Give >> it>> a try.>>>> Please forward to anyone with children... Or hunters or dogs,or anyone >> who>> even steps outside in summer!!>> A School Nurse has written the info below-- good enough to share --And >> it>> really works!!>>>> I had a pediatrician tell me what she believes is the best way to remove >> a>> tick. This is great, because it works in those places where it's >> sometimes>> difficult to get to with tweezers:between toes, in the middle of a head>> full of dark hair, etc.>>>> Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball, cover the tick with the>> soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few seconds (15-20), the tick>> will come out on its own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift >> it away.>>>> This technique has worked every time I've used it(and that was >> frequently),>> and it's much less traumatic for the patient and easier for me.>>>> Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can't see that this would be >> damaging>> in any way. I even had my doctor's wife call me for advice because she >> had one>> stuck to her back and she couldn't reach it with tweezers. She used this>> method and immediately called me back to say, "It worked!">>>> Please pass on. Everyone needs this helpful hint.>>

2 comments:

Glynis Peters said...

We are over run in Cyprus at this time of year, thanks for that tip, I usually call for DH to get them off.

Kelly said...

Let me know how it works if you try it.