- Divine Providence cheese, $9.00
- Salty Sea Feta, $5.50
- Bayley Haze Raw Cows Milk Blue Cheese, $4.62 ($22/lb)
- Shelburne Farm 1 yr Farmhouse Raw Cows Milk Cheddar, $4.48 ($14/lb)
- Olgas's Pizza Crust- 9 crusts total, $11.25
- Baguette, $3.00
- Free Range Chicken (whole, 5lb), $20.00
- 1 1/2 lb breakfast sausage links, $13.33
- bag of organic mixed greens & organic bulk strawberries @ $5.50/lb, $10.25 total
- rhubarb, $2.50
- 2 bunches asparagus & bag of garlic scapes ($1), $9.00 total
- (1)pint red, (1) pint yellow new potatoes, $6.00
Grand Total: $98.93. I was a little shocked by the prices, particularly on the meat and cheese. I actually double checked to confirm my meat total for 4 links of sausage and a chicken, coming in at over $33.00. As much as I would like to eat this type of meat all of the time it is just not an option. I think I will continue to purchase local beef in bulk, but stick to big store "natural" chicken and chicken sausage.
We had Grilled BBQ chicken pizza for lunch using Olga's crusts (awesome!), leftover chicken shredded w/Q sauce, garlic scapes, and the Divine Providence cheese which has a gouda-cheddar like flavor. BBQ chicken pizza shows up on the menu quite frequently at my house, but this version was a bit lighter and a welcome change from the smoked gouda, mozzarella and caramelized onions I typically use. Oh, and home made strawberry ice-cream for dessert tonight, it was rather effortless considering how good it tastes. Erin- you must take the ice cream plunge!