Sunday, June 14, 2009

Back To The Farm

We all headed back to the farm today hoping they would have the pesto and strawberries I went home without earlier in the week and this time I remembered my camera. The kids got to say hello to all of their farm friends again and I got my hands on some lemon basil pesto, strawberries, 2 dahlia tubers for the kitchen garden and some rhubarb among other less glamorous things. I got quite a kick out of the lionhead rabbit (pictured), could anything be any cuter? And for anyone who has never seen a Peacock shakin' his tail feathers for his lady below is a peak: all party in the front, business in the back. (Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble was on the dessert menu for the evening, I will post a photo and the recipe soon. I had never had rhubarb before so wasn't sure what to expect. I am a new fan and my little guy said "this is AWESOME!". We will be making it again soon.)

2 comments:

Erin said...

How fun! We get our meat at a local farm here, and I love taking the kids - although I think I like looking at the animals more than they do! Can't wait until the rhubarb post, I have never tried it either, but I know it's popular back home in MN and my mom always says "No Rhubarb?" when I tell her what I planted, lol!

Kelly said...

Hi Erin- Mmm, I was naughty and had some more crumble for breakfast this morning. Boy was it good! This farm doesn't sell meat, I wish they did. Local meat is hard to find around here even with all of the farms. I should be hearing any day now if I will be getting a 1/4 cow come fall, there is a waitlist. Fingers crossed...I hate the thought of eating the beautiful creatures but better they are treated humanely before their death.