Wednesday, July 8, 2009

'Would-Have-Been' Potatoes; CSA Pick-Up

OK, well, I can't upload images to blogger right now or I would show you the misery. My potato patch is being decimated by something- blight? I now have a huge empty spot in the patch (insert photo here) because I had to rip all this wilted, mushy, withered material out (insert photo here). So then I dug, all the while going deeper and saying a prayer to the Potato Gods that maybe, just maybe I could salvage something from all of this mess.....and this was what I got: (insert photos 1 and 2 here). Sigh. *EDIT: PHOTOS IN POST BELOW*

Today's 1/2 share included:
  • loaf of bread or pint of blueberries
  • 1/2 lb kale
  • head of lettuce
  • bunch of spring onions
  • 2 pieces of summer squash

(The full share folks also received mixed greens, currants, 2 bunches of herbs and an additional 2 squash)

No comments: